Frequently Asked Questions:

below you find several questions that people who contact us inquire about. So we decided to give you the quick and dirty responses we have created.

1. What do I do after an accident?

Seek Any Emergency Medical Help you need.

After an accident, the first thing you should always do is seek any emergency medical help or treatment you need. Call 911, and ask for an ambulance for yourself, passengers, or the other driver. Your health is always the top priority.

Get all the Information from Other Vehicle

You should get all of the information from any other vehicle involved in the accident. Sometimes the police do not come, or they don’t write a report. You need to be able to identify who the other parties involved in your accident are and who is their automobile insurance company. Make sure you get their insurance information including their policy number and their driver’s license information. Take pictures of their documents at the scene of the accident.

Take Pictures of the Damage

Take pictures of the damage to each of the vehicles involved. This will be helpful if any vehicles leave the scene. It will also be used as evidence in your case to show the extent of the damage to your vehicle and to the other person’s vehicle.


As soon as possible after an accident you need to call SMITH LEGAL CENTER to get a FREE consultation with no obligation analysis of your accident. Our experienced and aggressive attorneys will be able to immediately let you know if you have a case.

2. How Do I Know If I Have A Case?

If you have been injured in an automobile accident, motorcycle accident, scooter accident, UBER/LYFT accident whether as a driver or passenger, or while walking on the sidewalk or at the mall or a restaurant then you need an attorney who can analyze the facts and decide whether or not you have a case.

You should call SMITH LEGAL CENTER so our attorneys can analyze your facts to let you know whether or not you have a case.

3. Do I have a case if I do not feel hurt?

Sometimes you don’t feel your injuries immediately after an accident. A lot of people have a delayed reaction to injuries and wake up the next day in a lot of pain. If you were involved in an accident don’t wait until you’re in pain, instead immediately call Smith legal Center so we can advise you on how to proceed and see if you have a case.

4. How long do I have to file a personal injury case?

Depending on what type of injuries an accident that caused the injury is a statute of limitations will vary. It’s very important that you immediately contact Smith legal center after you’ve been injured so we can analyze and advise you as to what your statute is for that incident.

5. What do I do if an insurance adjuster calls me?

Insurance companies will always try to take advantage of you immediately after an accident. It is very important that you speak with an attorney first if possible to establish whether or not you need legal representation. Contact Smith Legal center immediately after an accident so you can protect your rights.

6. What damages are available in a personal injury case?

A personal injury case consists of many types of damages. For example your pain and suffering, your loss of earnings, your medical bills, and your property damage, etc. It is very important that you speak with a seasoned and highly aggressive attorney like Smith legal center to determine whether or not you have a case.

7. How much is my personal injury case worth?

No attorney will be able to tell you at the very beginning what your personal injury case is worth. Compensation varies case by case, no two cases are the same.

8. What if I had a pre-existing condition?

Pre-existing conditions are very common. It is very important that you inform your attorney of any pre-existing condition so your attorney can then handle your case accordingly. Smith legal center is very experienced and highly aggressive when it comes to dealing with clients that have pre-existing conditions. We know how to handle those types of cases.

9. What if I was partly at fault for the accident?

Sometimes both parties are at fault for an accident. However this does not mean that you are not entitled to compensation. You need a very experienced attorney to analyze and understand your situation and make sure that you are properly compensated. Smith legal center knows how to handle these types of cases.

10. How long will it take to settle my claim?

This question is always asked in the beginning of a case and the simple answer is it varies by case the case. Call our highly skilled attorneys for a free consultation.

11. How do I pay my medical bills until I get my settlement?

If you have health insurance that’s always the best way to pay for your medical bills. However a lot of times people don’t have adequate health insurance to cover the specialist and highly trained physicians that they need for their type of case. Smith legal signer has a network of medical providers that will treat your injuries regardless of your health insurance status. No insurance-no problem! Call Smith legal center today!

12. How do I make up for my lost wages until I get my settlement?

This can be a very complex topic. For more information please call Smith Legal Center Injury attorneys today for a free no obligation consultation.

13. What if the accident happened on the job?

Sometimes an accident on the job falls under workers compensation. However sometimes an injury on the job can be considered a personal injury and not part of a Worker’s Compensation claim. These cases can be highly complex and require a highly trained and skilled attorney like smith legal Centers attorneys. Call us today for a free consultation!

14. Do I need a lawyer for a personal injury case?

If you have been in an accident and you’ve been injured the insurance company is not your friend. They have the exact opposite interest than yours. You need to protect your rights as soon as possible if you’ve been injured. Call Smith legal center and our highly skilled and highly aggressive attorneys will analyze your case for free. Give us a call today.

15. How do I pay for a lawyer in a personal injury case?

Most personal injury cases are on a contingency fee basis. This means if the attorney does not settle your case and get your compensation then they do not get paid. Smith legal center handles all types of personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis. Give us a call today so we can analyze your situation and let you know if you have a case. Free consultation with no obligation.

16. What if I already have an attorney on the case?

If you already have an attorney for an existing case but want to get a second opinion you can call Smith legal center for a free no obligation second opinion. You are allowed to switch attorneys if you feel you are not getting the representation you deserve. Call us today for a free second opinion. There is no additional cost for switching attorneys. Save your case before it’s too late. Many people have turned a Smith legal center in the middle of an existing case because they weren’t getting the representation they felt they deserved and needed.

17. What if the other party has a police report?

Just because a police report puts you at fault does not mean you do not have a case. Smith legal center has highly experienced attorneys who know how to analyze a police report and win the case even when the police report against you! Call us today even if you don’t think you have a case let us review the police report and give you our opinion. Our attorneys here at smith legal Center have been very successful at winning cases for clients who thought there was no hope of winning their case. Give us a call! We fight you in.